• 4 So So

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • 5 Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6 Terrible

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
Sidenote but those S200 trains are a bit of an aggravation for me :/
They look very cool and all, but the seating layout is absolutely atrocious. Only 1 line of benches backing on to each wall, with "leaning pads" everywhere. Everything's just hard plastic, wouldn't be as bad if it were cushioned.
Biggest thing is the limited seating though, there's plenty of standing room, but I'd much rather sit than stand, especially since I have to ride all the way from Crowfoot to DT.

Very similar to the cars in NYC subway. I didn't mind having more standing room and less seating because the cars were usually full and the minimal seating made it easier to move around, but it is nice to get a seat once in a while

Hi All,
Seats on the L R T? To B Honest, YES I Have Mobility Issues so I NEED a Seat, Guess What? Half the Time I NEVER Bother to Take a Seat Offered to ME. Why? I Use a Cane as a Rule and Yes I Do HAVE a Walker if I Need to Use It. Will I Use IT? NOPE, Why? Try Getting on a Bus or Going into Bldgs, Malls, Apt Bldgs or Stairs With a Walker!
REAL DISASTER - NO BULL! If I Need Help at Times I Never Get Refused! The Power of a Cane I Got Through the Mustered Seed! Learned a LOT About Disabilities Over the Last 4 Years. Do Pretty Good and ITS Just the way I LIKE It.! Seat? No Thanks.

Tnx,
Operater,

I first saw that seating arrangement in Hong Kong and thought it was great. However it works best for an urban subway system where trips are shorter and involve multiple transfers between lines. Calgary's LRT system is a bit of a hybrid between urban subway/streetcar and suburban commuter rail with longer trips on a single line.

I first saw that seating arrangement in Hong Kong and thought it was great. However it works best for an urban subway system where trips are shorter and involve multiple transfers between lines. Calgary's LRT system is a bit of a hybrid between urban subway/streetcar and suburban commuter rail with longer trips on a single line.
Such a layout is definitely is a better option for a much denser and much more heavily utilised public transport city like HK. It really helps that the seats they use are sculpted to the shape of a person's back in a sense, unlike the short abomination they use on the S200 trains here.

Hi Group,
When I was at the Model Train Show in April 18, I Asked the Staff at the Calgary Transit Booth About the Chances of the 22, 23, and the NEW 2400 Series Cars
Being Integrated etc. Answer? NO! Why? OK all the Information Technology for the Cars Goes through the Coupler Systems. The 22 & 2300 Series are Different
Even if They are A C Cars. the New 2400 Series have a Totally Different Technology System and Bigger Couplers as Well. If the New 2400 Series Goes Past 100
Cars the Next Series Will Go to 2500 Series. The New Low Floor Series Cars for the Green Line will B Totally Different Technology Based on Who Ever Gets the
Contract to Build the Cars, Hope this Helps,

Tnx,
Operater.

A lonely shot taken late yesterday evening, probably my favourite angle:

42656541142_3eb319a883_h.jpg

Showing a friend from Seattle around the city yesterday.

fullsizeoutput_f25.jpeg

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_f25.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_f25.jpeg
    286.7 KB · Views: 744
Hi All,

I realize its almost the Middle of June. I Guess the Topping Off should B Close to what 6 weeks or so Away.

Tnx,
Operater.

Took a few pics of Telus Sky this morning. This is one striking building. I saw no less than half a dozen tourists taking pics of it, and it's not even finished yet. Hope you don't mind the barrage of pics.
1-IMG_5845.JPG
1-IMG_5849.JPG
1-IMG_5853.JPG
1-IMG_5854.JPG
1-IMG_5855.JPG
1-IMG_5858.JPG
1-IMG_5864.JPG
IMG_5867.JPG

Attachments

• 1-IMG_5845.JPG
    1-IMG_5845.JPG
    300.5 KB · Views: 673
  • 1-IMG_5849.JPG
    1-IMG_5849.JPG
    348.2 KB · Views: 586
  • 1-IMG_5853.JPG
    1-IMG_5853.JPG
    501.9 KB · Views: 604
  • 1-IMG_5854.JPG
    1-IMG_5854.JPG
    310.4 KB · Views: 606
  • 1-IMG_5855.JPG
    1-IMG_5855.JPG
    352.5 KB · Views: 588
  • 1-IMG_5858.JPG
    1-IMG_5858.JPG
    230.5 KB · Views: 608
  • 1-IMG_5864.JPG
    1-IMG_5864.JPG
    295.1 KB · Views: 586
  • IMG_5867.JPG
    IMG_5867.JPG
    287.4 KB · Views: 571
*drooooool* I don't think anyone minds dude.

I like everything about this tower but if I had to change something it would be the colour of the windows. The blue is great but theres already to many shades of blue in the skyline and this particular shade isn't anything special either. IMO, If I had to choose a colour for the windows I would want it whitish, sort of like one of the renderings shown earlier. Obviously in the rendering the building was glittered up to make it look nice but that colour scheme would have just completely murdered every building in our skyline to be the only real eye candy plus it would have added more variety of colour to the skyline as well, I feel as if we have to much blue dominating now (The Bow, Brookfield, Eighth avenue and now telus sky).

Oh yeah, Floor #54 poured today!

Back