Votes: 4 2.7%
  • 5 Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6 Terrible

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
Awesome pics!
It's starting to look very tall.
And judging by my view from the NW suburbs, it seems to have a fair bit left to go. It's not even up to Suncor yet, and it's supposed to be even higher than that!
Of course, viewing from the NW means that Telus Sky is a little farther back than Suncor is, perhaps that accounts for some of the height difference.

Either way tho, it's looking huge already and will be all the more impressive when complete.

IMG_2606.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2606.JPG
    IMG_2606.JPG
    626.9 KB · Views: 949
There’s a decent 1hr doc on Netflix about Bjarke and some of his designs. Interestingly he’s completely opposed to any painted surfaces on an exterior and attempts to achieve a pure metal when possible. Could explain the anodized aluminum sliding doors on the res units.

I genuinely wouldn't mind if Bjarke designed a few more towers for us in Calgary.
Looking at his other works, his head seems to be in the right place, he seems to design things a certain way and for a certain reason.
His work looks to be of quite high quality, doesn't seem to "mail it in" very much.

IMG_4616.JPG
IMG_4615.JPG
IMG_4614.JPG

I've been working at the Telus sky recently, The view is absolutely amazing from up top. I took a few pictures looking out on around the 46th floor, I don't know if I'm allowed to take any specific interior pics. These were with my phone during my lunch break so please bare with the quality.

Attachments

• IMG_4616.JPG
    IMG_4616.JPG
    266.8 KB · Views: 976
  • IMG_4615.JPG
    IMG_4615.JPG
    224.1 KB · Views: 974
  • IMG_4614.JPG
    IMG_4614.JPG
    192.9 KB · Views: 976
Those photos are top notch! Quality (not bad at all btw) is nothing to worry about with such a different view from everyone on the ground, thanks for sharing this!

So about how many floors do we have to go still? Seems likes it's not crazy far off.

Last edited:
When viewed from the Calgary tower, it apparent still has a while to go. It's still shorter than SEC west, though it is poised to be 7 meters taller.

So in essence, we have a full high rise (10 storeys) left to go. That’s so awesome

Back