Votes: 3 2.0%
  • 4 So So

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • 5 Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6 Terrible

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters

I believe with longer-duration projects they tend to experience slight changes to the ground level flatworks / finishes / other visual elements - either because they fast tracked those design elements to get shovels in the ground, or the intent evolved over time. In any case I believe they submit for an updated DP to cover these minor changes.

Could be wrong
A project this size will always have a couple revised DP applications due to changes and issues during the construction process. A new DP is sometimes required as well if a change is major enough.

Telus Sky is going to be crown jewel for the city center. In other times, it probably would have triggered a renaissance in creative design. Sadly, because of the glut of downtown office space and the focus on purpose rental residential, we won't see anything like it again for years to come.?

Telus Sky is going to be crown jewel for the city center. In other times, it probably would have triggered a renaissance in creative design. Sadly, because of the glut of downtown office space and the focus on purpose rental residential, we won't see anything like it again for years to come.?
I'm remaining positive that there is something unforeseen around the corner. Or if not "positive" in a traditional sense, something upsetting the current global order.

I am certainly not a warmonger, and I think the human tragedy in the situation I am about to elucidate would be absolutely terrible and something devoutly to be wished against. However, a war between Saudi Arabia and Iran due to an America with weak force projection/ less interest in global geo politics and a force projecting russia, would create a really interesting situation for global oil prices.

The better situation for humanity would likely be someone on the far left moving quickly up the ranks and achieving the presidency at the next election. They could see fracking as extremely problematic and start dismantlement the newfound oil independence that has been created south of the border by leaning more heavily on our resource.

Anyways, nothing is set in stone. It could be sooner than we think that things pick back up meaningfully here. And if not, the city has already begun to find other things to do. Alberta's Cannabis sector is growing pretty rapidly for example!

Back