• 5 Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6 Terrible

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters

The Familia

Member Bio
Reaction score
Stantec is a very bland tower in my opinion. It is literally only 3 meter sticks taller than Brookfield and I would choose Brookfield hands down over Stantec. Edmonton can have the “tallest tower title” I’ll take out quantity and quality of towers over their downtown every single second of every day!

gsunnyg

Member Bio
Reaction score
IDK who would ever think Edmonton has a better downtown than Calgary based off 1 building, no offense, but facts are facts. It'll be just a matter of time before Calgary builds close to a 300m building. I know many don't see the next tallest being anything other than an office building but looking at the population growth back on track and this mini rental boom, along with good vacancy absorption and oil prices slightly steady again, I can see a hotel/residential mixed project being announced in the next 5 years. I may be completely wrong but seeing we've come a ways from 2014, I'm excited to see what happens 2020 and beyond. Edmonton can enjoy the next 7-8 years for tallest (by 3 m) but knowing Calgary, its a lot more ambitious with its skyscrapers. Plus I don't see the alldrit tower taking off anytime soon, I know they'd be forced to make a temporary public park if they can't start construction soon. I'm hoping where the oxford tower was proposed in the core, they redesign the tower to be like 290m+, it would be a good fit in the heart of the core.

Operater

Member Bio
Reaction score
If Oxford Goes Ahead with Their 64 Flr Bldg at 6/4 N W Corner, I Believe It will add a lot of Confidence in Calgary. I Haven't seen any Pictures of the Project as Such , but
it would B Most Interesting Just the Same.

Tnx,
Operater.

Meikkhaell

Member Bio
Reaction score
There's been lots of pictures of it from a few years back, not particularly interesting if you ask me. It's most likely gonna be redesigned.
That being said, this isn't really the proper thread for it, here's the dedicated one for Oxford Tower.