Votes: 4 2.7%
  • 5 Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6 Terrible

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
And for the bonus artsy shot....

DSC_8125-2.jpg

Do we know why the top section of the building isn’t enclosed yet? Must be major to have this open for the past half year or so
Word was that the panels weren't fitting properly and they had to be remade, or the framing had to be redone, etc..

Sorry (not sorry) for another barrage of photos of this stunner, but on my way to the gym last night they happened to be testing the LEDs again. It was my first time seeing them online in person, so I obviously had to do a photoshoot. Amazingly, the system isn't even fully operational and there are only three (maybe 4) spots malfunctioning.

fullsizeoutput_4313.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_4318.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_4319.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_4316.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_4317.jpeg

Damn! We need more popping LED lighting in our core like this, whether that’s big sized billboards like Dundas square or lit up buildings like this. What a difference this building has made already!

Ah, this is so beautiful. What a game changer for our skyline. I hope that this inspires future architects/ developers in this city.

Wow! Look at all that colour! You'd think we live in a fun city or something.

We kind of do, I mean by North American standards relative to our size, we hold up really well, especially nowadays. I'm really lucky living down in Mission now, as my walk to the gym takes me down First Street SW every evening and there are still a fair few/lots of people out between 9 and midnight on weeknights. We are growing up fast. Activity on Stephen, Fourth Street and Seventeenth are of course even higher than First at those times as well.

We kind of do, I mean by North American standards relative to our size, we hold up really well, especially nowadays. I'm really lucky living down in Mission now, as my walk to the gym takes me down First Street SW every evening and there are still a fair few/lots of people out between 9 and midnight on weeknights. We are growing up fast. Activity on Stephen, Fourth Street and Seventeenth are of course even higher than First at those times as well.
yeah compared to American cities that are have similar population, Calgary is miles ahead. I would take Calgary over almost any mid-size American city I can think of. If you think Calgary is "desolate" you haven't been anywhere in the American midwest.

Yeah the only two American metros within 500 000 of Calgary's metro that have us definitively beat in all measures of nightlife/fun are Portland and Austin. They earned it.

Edit: haha whooops, well it turns out that Austin is 2.2 million and Portland is 2.5... so I guess my original comment stands. ?

Last edited:

Back