Sunalta Heights | 88.39m | 27s | Housing One | S2 Architecture

E90E536F-85E7-4C16-B12B-12D1793979DD.jpeg
BD006580-9358-4629-961F-80DEC996B27E.jpeg

ITC who was acting as the general contractor in the tender process, has been informed that their services will no longer be required. Apparently Housing One is going to build this themselves. Not sure how that is going to work out.
Hopefully they can manage it through.

ITC who was acting as the general contractor in the tender process, has been informed that their services will no longer be required. Apparently Housing One is going to build this themselves. Not sure how that is going to work out.
That is incredible ambitious and in my opinion, short sighted.

Trying to immediately replicate the expertise of any industry is hard - construction management is no exception. It's an industry based on relationships, buying-power, and being resourcefulness. Hard to recreate that on a large scale out of nowhere

That is incredible ambitious and in my opinion, short sighted.

Trying to immediately replicate the expertise of any industry is hard - construction management is no exception. It's an industry based on relationships, buying-power, and being resourcefulness. Hard to recreate that on a large scale out of nowhere
I was thinking the same. This is a large project, and a group like Housing one is also new to this. I wonder if managing themselves, really means hiring another GC?

I was thinking the same. This is a large project, and a group like Housing one is also new to this. I wonder if managing themselves, really means hiring another GC?

If you need to fire your GC and don't have another one lined up to take over immediately, that's probably what you tell the outgoing GC so they hand over the site to your internal people for a while

Back