Stephen Avenue Place Revitalization | 155m | 40s | Slate

IMG_20200828_1604511.jpg

IMG_20200828_1605009.jpg

I really feel for those retailers that temporary closed their business while these renovations were going on. Now they are coming back to 'pandemic conditions' ... fewer people working downtown therefore fewer customers, increased costs due to COVID restrictions, possible end to any government programs that they may have been eligible for if they were open, and had to shutdown because of the pandemic.

I really feel for those retailers that temporary closed their business while these renovations were going on. Now they are coming back to 'pandemic conditions' ... fewer people working downtown therefore fewer customers, increased costs due to COVID restrictions, possible end to any government programs that they may have been eligible for if they were open, and had to shutdown because of the pandemic.
The A&W is now permanently closed there. It's too bad because a: That was my go to A&W for breakfast and b: They were going to have a nice patio fronting onto 7th Ave which could have helped traffic.

Yes they are.

Credit to Potatopizzafan for the pic, got me thinking about light and typical facades. Would have been nice to see some variegated louvres to break the upper level up a bit, and play with lighting, colours etc during the day and night. Also play off the subtle curves of telus sky. I don't mind the building as is, but Stephens Ave at the end of the day still does have potential to move away from the corporate architectural language.
Slate redux.jpg

Back