IMG_6128.JPG

Hi All.
I Don't get DT Much Due to Walking Disabilities and Medical Issues,
so this Steven Avenue Place is New to Me Really. True its the Old
Scotia Centre as I Knew It. Question is Whats in the Place of the
Bank? Who is the Company that Owns the Complex Now?I Saw A Web
Site Called Steven Ave Place. Com. so I want to Look at it Later. Take it
a lot is Happening in the DT Core. Hope Its Not Imposing to Get a
Refresher as to Whats Happening DT. Tnx.

Slate Management is behind the transformation. I assume it is an asset they own. The space where Scotiabank was is earmarked for a restaurant. Nothing has been announced yet. Will probably be a big name chain needed to occupy that space and draw people.

A chain wouldn't be surprising, but who would it be? The Keg, Earl's, Original Joes, Jamieson Group and Cactus Club all have nearby outlets. Maybe a Joey Tomatoes?

From the project website:

"Slate, with its partners Oliver & Bonacini and Concorde Group, are creating three singular dining concepts at Stephen Avenue Place: a panoramic 40th floor world-class restaurant, a 2nd floor chef-driven, market-style Food Hall and a stylish and animated ground floor restaurant, patio and bar."

Oliver & Bonacini is the same group that did that restaurant on the ground floor of The Bay so I'm guessing it will be a unique one-off concept and not any chain.

From the project website:

"Slate, with its partners Oliver & Bonacini and Concorde Group, are creating three singular dining concepts at Stephen Avenue Place: a panoramic 40th floor world-class restaurant, a 2nd floor chef-driven, market-style Food Hall and a stylish and animated ground floor restaurant, patio and bar."

Oliver & Bonacini is the same group that did that restaurant on the ground floor of The Bay so I'm guessing it will be a unique one-off concept and not any chain.
A resto on the 40th floor...should be some excellent views from up there. Interestingly enough that's now the third high-rise restaurant recently proposed. The Dorian is going to have one on the 26th floor, and there is one proposed for 1520

There's now a cafe on the 21st floor of The Edison now too isn't there?

Back