Stephen Avenue Place Revitalization | 155m | 40s | Slate

The mall (1st & 2nd levels from 2 St to Hudson Bay store ) is undergoing renovation now. This part of The Core was not included in the renovations from a few years ago.

This seems crazy as all 3 levels and the food court have been renovated within the last ... I'm gonna say ... 8 years.

Yeah but the renovations were pretty shitty, and they were done with private money obviously, so who cares? Except for the investors in whatever company owns it.

Nice to see the north side of the podium is getting a bit of a facelift as well. Be curious to see what the material used for it will be. The 40th floor restaurant also sounds cool. No mention about keeping the rooftop patio at National though. I hope it sticks around as it is one of the best urban rooftop patios I've been to in the country (in terms of atmosphere and being surrounded by high rises... I could take or leave it being branded as a National)

Nice to see the north side of the podium is getting a bit of a facelift as well. Be curious to see what the material used for it will be. The 40th floor restaurant also sounds cool. No mention about keeping the rooftop patio at National though. I hope it sticks around as it is one of the best urban rooftop patios I've been to in the country (in terms of atmosphere and being surrounded by high rises... I could take or leave it being branded as a National)

When they say "top floor restaurant" I believe they mean the National patio on the podium rooftop. They never mention any restaurant on the 40th floor, they just say "top floor" and never elaborate. They are clearly maintaining the podium rooftop, shown by the fact of the new staircase and elevator to that level in the renders.

Oh damn. Wow the 40th floor restaurant is cool, but they've certainly wrecked the design of the Stephen Avenue side of the podium since the initial renders we saw here. A big opaque black wall... and the north side looks terrible. I mean it's better than what's there now, but that isn't really saying anything.

The resto looks pretty good. I'm guessing it'll be on the the more expensive side, but still nice to have.

Image68.jpg
Image67.jpg

Kind of disappointed with the podium after seeing that video, not as great as the initial picture rendering. It's too boxy and that large black wall could definitely be replaced with a big electronic LED sign for advertising. But meh, I'll take it.

The current building is all torn up on the exterior, and all but the Booster Juice are closed in the food court. Rest of the retail looked open still, but look like they will be closing soon.

Kind of disappointed with the podium after seeing that video, not as great as the initial picture rendering. It's too boxy and that large black wall could definitely be replaced with a big electronic LED sign for advertising. But meh, I'll take it.

Didn't even catch the change from clear glass to big black wall the first time around but I agree, disappointing changes. A lot of the clear glass in the initial renders seem to have been swapped out for some sort of spandrel. The more I watch the video the more I'm skeptical about what appears to be perforated metal cladding with the bird images on it as well...

Back