Uxborough Phase 1 | 45m | 14s | Western Securities | Gibbs Gage

Drove by the other day, old keg and grocery store are all that is left. The rest of the mall is gone now. Pcl was using the grocery store as the site office so not sure when it will be torn down.

Don't think we've seen these ones before...

image-asset.jpeg

image-asset.jpeg

Stadium+Render_Summer+copy.jpg

When this does get built, I wonder who would be the grocery store tenant here? There was the Shoppers before. Wonder if Loblaws would be interested in still having a Shoppers there, as well as a No Frills location since there's none in the NW? Seems like an ideal spot for it since it wouldn't be a massive footprint for a grocery store, and a large student/young professional demographic in the area would like cheap groceries that's at an accessible location. The area is saturated with Safeway's, CO-OP's, and got the new Save-On-Foods in UD.

Looks great but does this stand any chance of moving ahead in a weak economy? I can see the Calgary market shifting towards SFH especially in satellite communities like Airdrie and Okotoks as affordability increases, downtown employment continues to freefall and traffic congestion no longer challenges.

It is proximal to a resilient employment node. University District has done surprisingly well. Maybe this one will surprise .

Last edited:
I am... unimpressed.... but unsurprised.

Back