Stadium Shopping Centre Redevelopment | ?m | 14s | Western Securities

Surrealplaces

Member Bio
Reaction score

Attachments

Zoom

Member Bio
Reaction score
The scale looks good, anything bigger would be too much IMO. If LRT was close it could be bigger but that intersection isn't built to handle large volumes of cars.

The design of the buildings is kind of banal IMO, but it is much better than what's there now .

Oddball

Member Bio
Reaction score
I totally forgot that there was talk of redevelopment there. I like it! The design is understated, but definitely not cookie-cutter. I hope this goes through as is.

Surrealplaces

Member Bio
Reaction score
The scale looks good, anything bigger would be too much IMO. If LRT was close it could be bigger but that intersection isn't built to handle large volumes of cars.

The design of the buildings is kind of banal IMO, but it is much better than what's there now .
There will be BRT to that location which would help. Being that it's residential it should match up well with the Hospital complex across the way.

BKha

Member Bio
Reaction score
Looks good. Not overly large scale so hopefully residents won't fight it tooth and nail. Is this conceptual or the final design?

Surrealplaces

Member Bio
Reaction score
It doesn't look like it. It's not in the Land Use, but could still come later..... not a bad idea actually. The intersection there is already busy with pedestrians.

Oddball

Member Bio
Reaction score
Awesome update thanks Momin. That's interesting information about the underlying ~1,200 stall parking garage. Get ready for one hell of a hole. And, knock on wood, not a a hell hole. ;)

UrbanWarrior

Member Bio
Reaction score
I really like this one actually. A nice burst of density in an otherwise empty node of the city. Hopefully it is a pedestrian friendly area, since most of the area around it is quite hostile.

BKha

Member Bio
Reaction score
That would be my guess. I'm not an expert at construction but I would assume they would have to do demo first before starting any drilling right?

Thanks for snapping that picture oddball