SOLA | 26.21m | 9s | Ocgrow | Riddell Kurczaba

According to this, they have sold 50 out of 172 condos, and plan to break ground in the fall. Also, the developer owns several other parcels along 14th Street, so this is just the first of their projects.

If out of province buyers are starting to focus on Calgary, maybe the sales have picked up enough for it to proceed? While it is anecdotal, I have seen indications that there are more and more Ontario/BC residents buying into Calgary for whatever reason. Graywood apparentlys old out an entire tower in Eau Claire, Truman is actively marketing their legion site with an Ontario phone number, and after a full year of trying, we finally managed to sell our condo in the downtown to a buyer from Montreal. Activity noticeably picked up in December, but that could also be related to us changing realtors.

The real estate market has been picking up and out of town buyers are part of it from the looks of it.

From the article:

"It's like we haven't seen it in quite some time," said Renzo realtor Michael Montgomery. "We are seeing a lot of interest from outside provinces coming in, and demand is really increasing."

"The Calgary Real Estate Board (CREB) counted 27,686 home sales last year. That's 72 per cent higher than in 2020, and 44 per cent higher than the decade's average"

Here’s a pic of the new gear on site, I don’t know if that is construction equipment or not. I saw the equipment on site a few days ago and they have at least moved it from where it was.

E07FE799-C925-4B77-81E0-1702DE818EBE.jpeg

Here’s a pic of the new gear on site, I don’t know if that is construction equipment or not. I saw the equipment on site a few days ago and they have at least moved it from where it was.
Not a driller on site but it looks to me like they have done some work levelling the property, and have cleared out some rubbish that was there earlier like a month or so ago. Also some freshly painted orange markings.

According to this article, they are now 70% sold:

And I saw online the architect saying they are targeting a spring start to construction.

According to this article, they are now 70% sold:

And I saw online the architect saying they are targeting a spring start to construction.

Developer marketing is always pretty shady, but I think Ocgrow (again, last project - a strip mall in Cochrane) takes the grand prize for the most ridiculous in Calgary:
"Unique to SOLA is Ocgrow Group’s partnership with Amazon, the first of its kind in the country. All of SOLA’s suites are fully enabled with Alexa, Amazon’s premier voice-activation system."
"Ocgrow Group is also the only developer to partner with Shopify for the purpose of selling homes online."

According to their logic, I am about to deepen my partnership with Ford on my strategic mobility joint venture, while partnering with Loblaw's to deliver on our shared procurement objectives. Also known as driving to the grocery store.

They may actually be 70% sold, who knows, but they are 100% full of marketing nonsense.

I kind of agree about the shady marketing. I hope I’m wrong, and that it goes ahead and gets built, but I often question stuff like “70% sold” when it comes from the developers marketing side.
I can’t remember which developer it was, maybe it was Pointe of View? or somebody. They were buying their own suites so that they could show them as sold without lying and then releasing them here and there once the project got up to a certain level.

Back