SOLA | 26.21m | 9s | Ocgrow | Riddell Kurczaba

Wow for 300K you'd think you would at least get a window in ONE of the bedrooms. I don't think that sacrificing a window for an Alexa is quite worth it.

299K for 600+sq ft is not terrible for that location. A window in the bathroom would be nice, bit overall, not bad value.

I do like the washer/dryer being right in the closet for some of the 1 bedroom units. I suspect sales are going to be tough at the price point they have set.

That's hilarious. STARTING at 300 grand and you don't get a window in your bedroom. Good luck OcGrow.

I do like the washer/dryer being right in the closet for some of the 1 bedroom units. I suspect sales are going to be tough at the price point they have set.
It's an interesting play as the market is obviously bonkers right now in all the bad ways.

Given super low interest rates, a mortgage on 300K with minimum down is about ~$1,000/month. 1km from SAIT, 1 km from Kensington shopping, a few km from U of C and downtown. So a new building, with new appliances/finishes in a good location would attract renters. Will it be a giant, immediate investment windfall? Probably not - few things in real estate will be in this city given all the chaos. But it seems workable at least.

Last edited:
To be fair, some is included in the base price.

Alexa Base Package: Every SOLA condo includes Alexa enabled front door camera with 2 way audio system, Alexa smart door lock, Alexa device, Amazon smart plug.

* Alexa Luxury Package: Every SOLA condo includes Alexa enable front door camera, Alexa smart door lock, upgraded Alexa device, up to 8 smart ports, Alexa smart bedside lamp, 2nd Alexa device for bedroom.

What you get for $950:
upgraded Alexa device, up to 8 smart ports, Alexa smart bedside lamp, 2nd Alexa device for bedroom

That's hilarious. STARTING at 300 grand and you don't get a window in your bedroom. Good luck OcGrow.
Good luck indeed. Unfortunately, the inner city condo market is a bit of a blood bath these days, hence why there has been no news on Nude by Battistella for a long time. If someone was seriously looking at dropping $337,409 on this one bedroom unit (including the price of parking and storage locker), they should probably cross shop existing units. This one in my complex for instance is only $20k more (albeit, I bet you can offer lower), and you get a substantially larger unit (with windows in the bedroom), parking and storage, but also a pool, gym, conceriege and 7 night a week security:

Going to be an uphill battle to sell Sola. I'd love to see it get built (along with other inner-city condo projects), but I think the market has a ways to go before new sales/buildings are viable.

Back