Votes: 20 44.4%
  • So So

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I like the podium, except for the west side where there is just too much of the stone. The rest of looks good.

Though this would be a pretty funny update. Me (a 230 lb man) doing cartwheels with my friend's daughter :p haha. Such a fun day...

fullsizeoutput_14fc.jpeg

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_14fc.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_14fc.jpeg
    250.7 KB · Views: 555
Nice form! I’ve taken some pictures from the very top of this one and will post them later when I get home from work. Good views all around when the smoke is cleared.

Nice form! I’ve taken some pictures from the very top of this one and will post them later when I get home from work. Good views all around when the smoke is cleared.
That and Park Point have the best views I've seen around the Beltine. I'll be interested to see the view from The Royal once it's done.

fullsizeoutput_15d6.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_15d5.jpeg

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_15d6.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_15d6.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 479
  • fullsizeoutput_15d5.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_15d5.jpeg
    969.7 KB · Views: 487
Worst case scenario for the (lack of) underpass interaction?

IMG_9484.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9484.JPG
    IMG_9484.JPG
    227 KB · Views: 790
Well that is a complete and total fail in terms of the interaction with the underpass. Agreed it's the worse case scenario and I'm actually shocked nobody at the city or on council objected to it when the plans were presented. What a wasted opportunity.

Well that is a complete and total fail in terms of the interaction with the underpass. Agreed it's the worse case scenario and I'm actually shocked nobody at the city or on council objected to it when the plans were presented. What a wasted opportunity.
Can you elaborate? Are you referring to how the building frontage is blocked off instead of integrated?

Worst case scenario for the (lack of) underpass interaction?

View attachment 157156

Wow, was there never any comment related to this interface with the underpass at any point? That is like 1970s oversight bad, doesn't even pretend to activate or use the space, and completely strays from CPTED guidelines. If they wanted to do anything, they should have created some steps that opened up the space and used it, and committed to some softscaping and beautification of the space. The current final condition makes for a nice little spot to panhandle or take a piss, I guess. If they wanted to do some sort of treatment to the space, they could have used steps down to use the grade difference to their advantage (using Hive as an example of creating an active, public/private staircase, and adding any landscaping to break up all the grey. Even a little low budget mural and some landscaping treatment would be better than this. The City and the CA set a really shitty precedent with this, they should be requiring developers to do something to make the interactions of buildings with these underpasses at least a bit less shitty and to follow CPTED.

So basically a staircase sort of like this;
Hive-01.jpg

with low cost and resilient planting like this;
bbb1962d58de80ba9aa83d23886ed84c.jpg

Back