Screen Shot 2018-07-27 at 5.41.17 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-07-27 at 5.40.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-27 at 5.40.50 PM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 765
  • Screen Shot 2018-07-27 at 5.41.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-27 at 5.41.17 PM.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 799
A little less excited for this one based on those renderings.... It looks like someone wrapped the building in a giant chain link fence and brings back memories of grimey old parking structures that literally made use of chain link fences.

I actually like it, but it depends a lot of how it actually looks in real life with various lighting conditions etc. If it's exactly like the usual cross wire fence material, then no thanks. If it's shiny, or maybe white (like Wonderland) it could be good. Something that's not easily visible in the new rendering is the large diagrid. That will also make a different.

Last edited:
Less excited, but still fairly excited, considering it's a parking garage with some other stuff.

18.05.15+NE+PERSPECTIVE+1037.jpg

updated+rendering+9AP-26.JPG

screen+grab+-+low+res.JPG

Ya lost a lot of excitement as well, the fact you can actually see cars parked making it blatantly obvious that its a parkade. Really just looks like a regular parkade with a fancy mesh thrown on top. The original renderings really hyped up the project. Seems to have become a trend among a lot of the east village projects, the initial renderings are drastically glamourized but the closer the due date approaches the more they disappoint. CLMC is the real hype-beast. :D. Still looking forward to it being built.

I've seen something similar in the Netherlands. (I think) It changed my opinion on parking structures. They can look good without having to hide themselves.

It definitely looks more like a parkade than the original renderings, but I still like it. It's probably the general shape with the rounded corners...not sure. I also don't mind that you can see through it, it gives some depth.
If we had a climate that was suitable for creeping vines... boy that wire mesh could create a great look a big vibrant green hill with the curves. But we don't have that climate (as far as I know) so this is a disappointment.

Who knows though, the renderings still don't give a really clear picture of all parts of it so could still turn out okay. For a outdated parkade at least.

Back