Oliver | 121.3m | 35s | Centron | Gibbs Gage

I've heard rumblings on this too. Timing is unclear, but Centron is moving ahead with ~1000 residential units, likely all rental.
I've got mixed feelings about this. 1000 rental units right in the centre of it all is good. It would be great if those 1000 units were spread around the inner city in a dozen small 60-80 unit buildings, but I'll take this as a positive.

How tall will these towers have to be to fit 1,000 units? The pretty substantial West Village Towers is on a larger parcel, and only has 550 units.
The concept rendering shows a 47 storey tower and a 30ish storey tower. Would have to be taller than that to get the 1000 units, unless the plan has been changed to 3 towers.

I've got mixed feelings about this. 1000 rental units right in the centre of it all is good. It would be great if those 1000 units were spread around the inner city in a dozen small 60-80 unit buildings, but I'll take this as a positive.
No, what would be great would be 1000 rental units right in the centre, plus another 1000 units in a dozen 60-80 unit buildings in the inner city places where they can't stomach real density.

I believe the overall number of units for the 500 Heins buildings under construction is around 1000 units. This site is much bigger so 2 towers could make sense with a large podium and small unit size

No, what would be great would be 1000 rental units right in the centre, plus another 1000 units in a dozen 60-80 unit buildings in the inner city places where they can't stomach real density.
That would be awesome. I like the idea of 1000 units being right on the fringes of the CBD. It'll help inject some life into it after hours.

For the old Place 10 site on 10th Ave - have heard ~860 units, Gibbs Gage, intent to commence construction ASAP. Great news.
There have been rumors about them starting up, I guess it's more than rumors. Great news indeed.

I wonder if the design is the same as the one shown on Centron's website?

For the old Place 10 site on 10th Ave - have heard ~860 units, Gibbs Gage, intent to commence construction ASAP. Great news.
Thanks for the confirmation. I had heard this was in play, interesting that construction is to happen a.s.a.p.I hadn't heard a timeline, and assumed it wouldn't be for a while.

I just hope the development and podium have some interaction with the street level. If its anything like the Marriott on 10th Ave, it would be disappointing.

Back