Oliver | 121.3m | 35s | Centron | Gibbs Gage

Surrealplaces

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
The thirds and most recent iteration is two 37 storey residential towers.
Image19-Centron2a.jpg

1578979290133.png
1578979262699.png

19040-120031.jpg
19040-120029.jpg
19040-120032.jpg

Now going to be a high rise residential project.
The second iteration

A2.jpg

The first iteration as originally going to be two 14 floor office towers.
Original renderings
9372845051_907f819e14_b.jpg9375621002_f58d4e1bde_b.jpg

@Always_Biking I always hear that rumour about at least one major development in Alberta during a downturn (the same was said about The Bow, and about EPCOR tower here in Edmonton), but I've yet to see it actually happen. Things might be different for buildings being built on spec (not sure if that's the case for Place 10), but I'm always very skeptical of those kinds of rumours.

Yes indeed, hard to see what's actually going to happen with this but I think if the worst case scenario is the podium being built I guess that would be OK that's the best part of the building.

I had heard that these were to be built on spec so if they did get capped off at the top of the podium it wouldn't be a surprise.

@Always_Biking I always hear that rumour about at least one major development in Alberta during a downturn (the same was said about The Bow, and about EPCOR tower here in Edmonton), but I've yet to see it actually happen. Things might be different for buildings being built on spec (not sure if that's the case for Place 10), but I'm always very skeptical of those kinds of rumours.

Agreed. Does seem strange that no forms or completed columns appear above the ground floor in the last update.

Will the podium for these towers integrate at all with the new Marriott to the west in terms of some kind of ground floor or underground concourse, or ground level programming?
No integration to the Marriott from what I can tell. They are separated by 5th street, which dips down so as to go underneath the train tracks, so underground is probably out.

Agreed. Does seem strange that no forms or completed columns appear above the ground floor in the last update.
Yup, no action on top of the podium, only work going on inside of it. Which makes sense given that it was office space built on spec. Maybe when they do build the upper portion later there will be a new design that's a bit nicer. This design is okay, but pretty bland.

Back