Oliver | 121.3m | 35s | Centron | Gibbs Gage

Hi,
If I Remember it right, these Two were to B Office Bldgs of Sorts a Few Years Back.Guess things change pretty quick.Will B most Interested to see just what gets Built and how High etc. I can honestly say it will B interesting to see what if Calgary''s
Economy starts to take off again and all the Empty Office Space fills Up.. I Look at the Long Term of the Economy yet I feel
this City has a LOT going and the Opportunities are still there. Even with the Bad Economy as I see It, there is still that Positive
Outlook I Believe In.Better then the Gloom & Doom I hear all the Time. Just how I feel.
Tnx..

The ARP amendment at CPC last week, the development permits next week.
Report: https://pub-calgary.escribemeetings.com/filestream.ashx?DocumentId=123131
DP Drawings: https://pub-calgary.escribemeetings.com/filestream.ashx?DocumentId=123134

1581741800790.png

Details on the underpass integration:
1581741872676.png

I like this image in the DP Drawings / Applicant submission:
1581741923957.png

1581742000183.png

1581742026064.png

1581742050953.png

1581742071596.png

1581742094775.png

1581742166076.png

I don't mean this in a bad way, but this is one of the most boring 10/10 developments I have seen. High density, reasonable design/colours, and nailing every single thing that actually matters such as location, ground floor, parking, bike parking and underpass interactions.

I hope it get's built. It's the type of development that everyone forgets about a week after it opens but will add 5%(!) more units to the inner city in one go, with the amenities and design to significantly impact the culture of the area by attracting the kind of tenant the inner city will always benefit from having.

Last edited:
I'd prefer much better integration with the 5 Street Underpass. Other than that, this thing is making my heart happy.

This part of 10 Ave is starting to give off big city vibes. An office building, a hotel tower, and a bunch of condos/rentals. Just the way our Core should have been from the start ?. I think we have a strong opportunity here to turn our office market crash into a blessing in disguise. With more residential towers, hotels and hopefully post secondary campuses, our Core can become a more complete mixed use area. If we were still in boom times this location would have been another office building.

Sorry for the render repost, just want the highest rez possible for the ones I repost to SSP.

fullsizeoutput_4428.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_4244.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_4429.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_442c.jpeg

I'm really liking the project and think it would contribute nicely to 10th avenue. It seems like 10th ave is really becoming the entertainment street in Calgary, which is a natural fit given it's proximity to downtown. I really curious what kind of mix it will bring in for its CRU's.

Back