Park Central | 134m | 39s | Hines | S.C.B.

General rating of the project

• Great

Votes: 23 24.5%
  • Very Good

Votes: 52 55.3%
  • Good

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • So So

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
I think they're talking about the lot on the east side of 4th street (currently houses a tailor and a fire&flower) , there was a proposal for that site (myriad) that seems to be dead.

That's correct. We are losing some fine grain retail stock (old, but that was fine) to accommodate a new parking lot.

If i'm thinking of the same lot, it is already a parking lot and the DP is to renew the land use (temporary parking) for another 3 years. It doesn't really mean much other than they don't want it to expire.

They are planning to tear down the old building with london barber's, tattoo shops, Mongolia grill and make one large parking lot, unfortunately.

Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 5.54.46 PM.png

The dp I was looking at was 2020-4338. Hope they start the second phase. Can’t understand why one would tear down active retail ( cash flow) for a Parking lot across the street

For North American cities, it might actually be the case. I don't know of any cities that would beat us, except maybe New York with all those housing type projects with multiple cookie cutter buildings.
If you squint a bit Vancouver is pretty much all duplicates. I don't know if they have us beat (or anyone for that matter) in near-identical clones thanks to our super outsized 1980s-style office core.

Back