Park Central | 134m | 39s | Hines | S.C.B.

General rating of the project

• Great

Votes: 23 24.5%
  • Very Good

Votes: 52 55.3%
  • Good

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • So So

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
I wonder if there actually is a balcony, but isn't shown? Is this one of the units on the north or south side?
No balcony. It’s literally a dark narrow path so tight you can’t even open the oven while standing in front of it. You have to stand to the side. Ive looked at all the floor plans. Toilet blocks the showers, two slivers of countertop, with no room for a table or other food prep surface. You’d have to sit on the couch to eat. They are awful. I could see if the rent was $700-$800. Maybe. To be somewhere to sleep.

No balcony. It’s literally a dark narrow path so tight you can’t even open the oven while standing in front of it. You have to stand to the side. Ive looked at all the floor plans. Toilet blocks the showers, two slivers of countertop, with no room for a table or other food prep surface. You’d have to sit on the couch to eat. They are awful. I could see if the rent was $700-$800. Maybe. To be somewhere to sleep.
Wow, that is pretty tight. There are people who would be okay with it if the price was lower.... but at $1,335 a month?

This is insane, who would live in something like this, especially at that price? Seriously question. How important is "shiny and new" to people that someone would choose this, over say a building built in the 80s that has an actual decent floor plan?
I have always wondered why despite decades of condo-booming experience there's still weird layouts that don't quite make sense. I know little about building a $75m apartment building but would have thought designing usable & floorplate maximizing units to be a priority. Perhaps its all subjective and there are no "objectively bad" units

This is a pretty insane floor plan, and for starting at $1335/month. Some the unit layouts look fairly decent, though they're all a little wacky. Plus all the units have laundry and dishwasher.
2020_03_11_06_21_46_p-14.png

https://www.buzzbuzzhome.com/ca/park-central-calgary/units/condos/p-14
Not to keep whipping a dead horse, but could you imagine having to self-isolate in this place? Could this kitchen even hold 14 days worth of food?

Could you imagine if it was TWO people? Bit of a relationship test there. Particularly with the gym/facilities shut down in the building. Or if in true quarantine and can’t leave the room. I’d honestly take a square wide open bachelor suite with a balcony, than this dark tunnel. The floor plans in this building are ridiculous. Not planned by anyone that has ever lived in a tiny space.

Also in tight floorplans like this - why not use sliding doors for closets, bathroom, w/d.
Yeah! I am in a unit right now in the hotel at Alberta Boot, and the pocket doors are great. Soft close and open. Full light block. True door locks that actually work unlike the single catches I remember from 80s houses. The hardware has made in Italy stamped on it, so I imagine they were sourced as a package and have a significant cost -- perhaps they came with prefab bathroom units (though they are hidden very well if they are prefab with level seamless floors).

TLDR: pocket doors which are much better than I remember are available now

Back