Park Central | 134m | 39s | Hines | S.C.B.

General rating of the project

• Great

Votes: 23 24.5%
  • Very Good

Votes: 52 55.3%
  • Good

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • So So

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
This is the image from the CPC document. I get about 33 floors by my count.
Image1.jpg

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 808
Looks like phase 2 will be even larger, given the size of the white massing in that rendering.

Wow that's much better than I was expecting! Hell yeah! :D

Looks quite nice and different.

This is confirmed going ahead?

I don't think it's officially confirmed, but someone (@JonnyCanuck) had mentioned that the tendering process had begun and that it was more serious this time. A couple others said they heard it was going ahead.

I hope it does go ahead, I really like this design, especially the podium.

Well, permit applied for and zoning to give a heritage density transfer is signed up for planning commission. However, there are a number of stalled projects that have gotten further than that. From what I know about the project, Hines seems pretty intent on moving forward.

Well, permit applied for and zoning to give a heritage density transfer is signed up for planning commission. However, there are a number of stalled projects that have gotten further than that. From what I know about the project, Hines seems pretty intent on moving forward.

DP are relatively inexpensive. It shows interest in building by getting a lot of preparatory zoning out of the way. It doesn't mean everything will come to together for the developer to apply for a much more expensive BP.

I'm clear about this now. There's a good chance this will start soon.

I have no inside information on this one, but because Hines is behind it, I'm leaning more towards believing this one will go ahead.
When Hines took over this project they did some preliminary budget runs and if they were planning to sit on it I believe they would have stopped there.

Btw, I prefer this design over the old one. I liked the tower portion better on the old design, but this podium is so much better

So this one will be 32 stories and 112m. Quite a bit of retail at grade, with the whole main floor of the east side podium set up as retail. No specific CRUs but there are 4 entrances. There is also retail at the base of the tower, with one entrance. Total square footage of retail is 10K sq ft.
Materials for the tower are black metal panel, and gray spandrel, with white metal panelling underneath and at the edging of the balconies. The 6 storey podium will be grooved cement fibre board.

Hi Group,
On this Project Site, there is Bldg on the 11th Ave Side, South Side Known as 525 11th Ave S.W. Its Not that Old and is 4 Floors High if I Remember it Correctly. Does It stay or is it Part of the Redevelopement? I know that the Bldg on the Corner of 12/4 S.W. (North Side) had Various Federal Depts, I Believe Fireball Courier Has Space there but Not Sure Who Else. Furniture Store? Doesn't Quite Add Up - Honestly. Fill in the Blanks? T I A.
Tnx,
Uoerater,

Back