Palliser One | 122m | 27s

No news but the poorly performing LEDs bug me. I have to see it everyday on my walk to work, hope it starts soon. It brings me sadness. Kudos to the Calgary tower for always having their lights going. Which, if I'm not wrong is the same company... Also, the own across 1 Street seems to be underway so perhaps that one first then this one.

No news but the poorly performing LEDs bug me. I have to see it everyday on my walk to work, hope it starts soon. It brings me sadness. Kudos to the Calgary tower for always having their lights going. Which, if I'm not wrong is the same company... Also, the own across 1 Street seems to be underway so perhaps that one first then this one.
I notice the broken LEDs as well. I always wondered about this LED issue that crops up on buildings from time to time - it's probably not a fair comparison but seems counter-intuitive given the whole LED perspective on the consumer market. They are practically never burn out and are 10x more efficient, LEDs are one of the most reliable products that exist.

I guess strapping them to the outsides of buildings and making many thousands of them light up in a coordinated fashion is the challenge.

There have been 2 revisions to the development permit. These are the latest renders from the late December revision.​

Screenshot (191).png

Screenshot (194).png
Screenshot (193).png

Screenshot (192).png

Really scaled back, which isn't the worst. Not sure the original plan was that great. No LEDs featured in the rendering. LEDS that don't work end up making a building look cheap.

I was under the impression they were only converting the top 11 floors (17-27). News that they are doing the whole building is like finding money on the street.

Personally I'm still finding this all pretty tacky looking. Definitely prefer the look of the original.

Back