NUDE | 63.4m | 18s | Battistella | S2 Architecture

I like sign, but agree about the wording. I’d rather it just said ‘Nude’ Hide nothing is better as a slogan for the ad campaign.
It's nice to see the west side of the Beltline get some Battistella love. And as mentioned earlier, the glass will make a good contrast to the over abundance of brick. But the "Hide Nothing" signage looks so so tacky. Odds that that gets scrapped from final project?

Hi,
18 Floors in Belt West. Have to say it sure Stands Out for the Areas as Such. B Interesting to see what happens if other Dvlprs decide
they want a Piece of the Action between 12th and 17th Ave.

Tnx,
Operater.

It's nice to see the west side of the Beltline get some Battistella love. And as mentioned earlier, the glass will make a good contrast to the over abundance of brick. But the "Hide Nothing" signage looks so so tacky. Odds that that gets scrapped from final project?
I like sign, but agree about the wording. I’d rather it just said ‘Nude’ Hide nothing is better as a slogan for the ad campaign.
FWIW, I don't actually mind the slogan 'Hide Nothing' I thought it seemed kind of cheesy at first, but I'm liking it the more I picture it. I prefer a different font, but I think the slogan itself stands out and will be a conversation piece.

I would have liked to see some Battistella love but, this one is just lazy. It would be satisfactory if this wasn't Battistella. The pluses are is that it fills an empty lot with good urban form. The minuses are the only creative design feature is a tacky neon sign. Half the proposed towers and several recently completed including the tallest residential tower have blocks of dark vs light spandrel. Glass and spandrel is the preferred cladding for 99% of new construction and hopefully, more towers will follow Nude's success.

What set Battistella apart is that they didn't push the engineering envelope but, still managed to produce stand out buildings with the creative use of colour, accents and, patterns. A slogan written in neon doesn't live up to that.

Last edited:
Hi.
"Battistella Love". Gotta say I Like that. But then every time these Guys go into a Neighbourhood, they Bring a little bit of Love with them. Right! Dam Right.
With Their Funky Designs, Names etc. Your on the Right Track. Enjoy!

Tnx,
Operater.

Density transfer land use goes to CPC next week:
https://pub-calgary.escribemeetings.com/filestream.ashx?DocumentId=70312

Included in the package is a brief DP summary (not the full DP):
https://pub-calgary.escribemeetings.com/filestream.ashx?DocumentId=70315

upload_2018-10-25_21-5-25.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-10-25_21-5-25.png
    upload_2018-10-25_21-5-25.png
    156.9 KB · Views: 863
This one appears to be plain, but it won't be plain like some of the rental towers we've seen Redstone/Yellowstone. I'm confident this will be a situation like we had with Chocolate, where the rendering looked plain the final product was very solid.

Height looks a little exaggerated artistic licence. The building across the street is the same number of storeys, with likely 2.6-2.7m floor to floor heights.

The rendering looks to make the floor to floors somewhere in the range of 3.5m which would be about 11' ceiling heights.

Height looks a little exaggerated artistic licence. The building across the street is the same number of storeys, with likely 2.6-2.7m floor to floor heights.
The rendering looks to make the floor to floors somewhere in the range of 3.5m which would be about 11' ceiling heights.
The scale is definitely off a bit, even if the floors are a bit higher than the older apartment buildings.

Back