Mount Pleasant Multi-Family | 22.5m | 6s | Comtech Design

Has there been a more obvious rinse and repeat?

There is an exact replica of this going into 27 Ave and 14 St SW.
DMAP
1698785999698.png

Has there been a more obvious rinse and repeat?

There is an exact replica of this going into 27 Ave and 14 St SW.
DMAP
View attachment 516859
This is the way now. No one wants to pay for design and construction drawings anymore. So they just reuse on equivalent lot sizes. I even saw a DP app in Hillhurst where they hand crossed out the address of the previous application and penned in the new one.
Drive through West Hillhurst and Parkdale, then head to Altadore/South Calgary and you can find half a dozen sames x half a dozen designs.

This is a good thing. Massively repeatable driving the cost down. If successful a building company *ahem* could even maintain a materials list to provide rapidly repeatable quotes much like the stories of the Vancouver ‘special’ from decades ago.

In relation to the discussion that has occurred earlier in other threads, the invention of H-GO seems to be impacting developer's choices on whether they build apartment buildings with expensive parkades, or simply go with an H-GO product that is still pretty dense, but cheaper and easier to construct, this one has now been changed to a typical H-GO type product:

While the initial design wasn't a looker, this change has gone from a potential 75 units to only 30 units.
View attachment 516830
View attachment 516831
Well, that's disappointing. I know the other building wasn't a looker, but I preferred it to this.

Back