Mission Landing | 26m | 6s | Opus Corporation | Casola Koppe

That glass front on the ground level floor is too pretty for that spot. Happy its being built!

Not really. Connections to concrete or steel elements need to accommodate the shrinkage, not much can be done to mitigate it.

It’s not “I was in the pool!” level of shrinkage.
It averages 1/8" per plate, and there are 3 plates per floor (2 top and 1 bottom plate on a framed wall). 5 floors of wood framing equates to just under 2". It's not huge but can lead to sloped or warped floors. It's not a structural concern but would be noticeable.

The floors shouldn't settle where they are anchored to the concrete or steel. The stud walls will separate a bit from the floors around these structures.

That doesn't include settling. The heavy concrete elevator core could settle more than the wood frames shrinkage. I doubt this building will survive that long.

Last edited:
The floors shouldn't settle where they are anchored to the concrete or steel. The stud walls will separate a bit from the floors around these structures.

That doesn't include settling. The heavy concrete elevator core could settle more than the wood frames shrinkage. I doubt this building will survive that long.
How long is that long? 10 years, 50?

98CE9D32-FF9B-4260-ACD5-1E2E1428A2CB.jpeg

Back