Mission Landing | 26m | 6s | Opus Corporation | Casola Koppe

Noticed a different render on their website from what is currently in this thread for those interested. Now rain won't get in with a roof in place.

https://missionlanding.ca/

3.jpg

2.jpg

Does anyone know if these are going to be rentals? I'm suspecting as I don't see anything about purchasing units.

Yes, they are all going to be rentals.

I love it when "urban" developments just go for a ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ on things like:
  • colours (haha like that's important)
  • balconies (who wants them, Macleod Trail sucks anyways)
  • trees (who needs them, they'll die anyways)
  • street orientation (let's put no buffer to high-speed & trashy Macleod Trail, but a suburban one on the possibly-redeemable Mission Rd. Make sure the benches face the worst street though)
  • pedestrian interface (let's have random steps up to retail to ensure it's awkward, frustrating and likely un-rentable after our liquor store closes)
I get that re-development can be hard and regulations can be onerous, but wow. I admire the audacity of a process that creates something like this.

I heard a rumor today that the sewage infrastructure along Misson Road needs to be upgraded, and Mission Landing will need to fund that due to its number of floors. Once this is done, the gentleman who owns the block of houses on the North Side of Mission Road will start to develop. Apparently he first presented a block of nice brownstone townhouses but told the community this may be planned, and he likely would develop a condo instead. This sewage upgrade also limited the height of Mission 34

Anyone hear anything about this? Any truth?

I heard a rumor today that the sewage infrastructure along Misson Road needs to be upgraded, and Mission Landing will need to fund that due to its number of floors. Once this is done, the gentleman who owns the block of houses on the North Side of Mission Road will start to develop. Apparently he first presented a block of nice brownstone townhouses but told the community this may be planned, and he likely would develop a condo instead. This sewage upgrade also limited the height of Mission 34

Anyone hear anything about this? Any truth?
The sewage upgrade probably did limit the height of Mission 34. They were originally supposed to pay for part of the upgrade , but never did in the end, it might have been because they limited the height?

The sewage upgrade probably did limit the height of Mission 34. They were originally supposed to pay for part of the upgrade , but never did in the end, it might have been because they limited the height?
As someone who wants that Mission Area developed, I guess it means that despite the less than preferred look of Mission Landing, I am even more thankful its going through and paying for this upgrade.

Back