Marda | 21.03m | 6s | Strategic Group | NORR

Surrealplaces

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
New proposal for 34th ave and 20th street. Land Use and DP submitted concurrently, and Land Use is being recommended for approval. For now they are calling the project 'Marda'

The info comes from the @MichaelS update post for the City's planning agenda.
Marda v1.jpg

Attachments

• Marda v1.jpg
    Marda v1.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 1,228
Last edited:
Wonder how hard the community will fight this...
Looking at the comments in the planning commission meetings, there appears to be some opposition but also support. Planning Commission has recommended for approval, so my guess is even with some opposition this will go ahead.

Fantastic! Loving these proposals expanding the retail area of Marda Loop off of 33rd :)

Project has kicked off from the looks of things.

From Twitter
Strategic Group‏@StrategicGrp
We've kicked off our Marda development project today! Marda is a 6-storey, mixed-use retail & residential building located on 34th Ave. SW

DKqLFiGU8AI-K8w.jpg
DKqLFiHUIAASUEb.jpg

Attachments

• DKqLFiGU8AI-K8w.jpg
    DKqLFiGU8AI-K8w.jpg
    273.6 KB · Views: 1,028
  • DKqLFiHUIAASUEb.jpg
    DKqLFiHUIAASUEb.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 1,014
Definitely not front line material, but not so bad all told. Mostly just height and density rather than any kind of contribution to excellence in design for the area.

It reminds me of Lido. Maybe not quite as upscale, but similar in look. It'll be a solid addition to Marda loop.

Yeah, I agree. My biggest critique here is that I wish the store fronts were a little more individually defined, rather than a large expanse of glass with wood over top. Other than that though, this is solid.

Last edited:
My friend owns the front unit east side of the second place in from 20th street backing across the alley from this. He lives in Brisbane now but he is excited for this to go.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back