M2 Block | ?m | 4s | XYC | Riddell Kurczaba

Interesting how both facades look like they are the same color, in certain lighting conditions.

IMG_6022.JPG

The access to the underground parking annoys me so much on this project. Does anyone know if they tried to change it to no parking? That ramp basically takes up 30 metres of that lot, which is prime riverfront property.

The access to the underground parking annoys me so much on this project. Does anyone know if they tried to change it to no parking? That ramp basically takes up 30 metres of that lot, which is prime riverfront property.

It's somewhat temporary as it is. Without getting too detailed, once the parcel to the east is developed, access for M2 will be through that building. Essentially, whatever is developed on the eastern parcel will engulf the parking access that is presently visible.

It's somewhat temporary as it is. Without getting too detailed, once the parcel to the east is developed, access for M2 will be through that building. Essentially, whatever is developed on the eastern parcel will engulf the parking access that is presently visible.

Oh that's fantastic news. Do you know if the same developer owns that lot? If not, that's some very creative planning agreements for a tight access spot.

Oh that's fantastic news. Do you know if the same developer owns that lot? If not, that's some very creative planning agreements for a tight access spot.

The lot is in control of CMLC. it was originally picked up by FRAM but they have since returned it back to CMLC. CMLC actually built/funded the parkade of M2 - and as you point out, there will be some creative and important access agreements.

I feel like if it was one solid uniform white for cladding it would have looked much better. The panelized strips just don't gel together very well, sort of makes the development look outdated when otherwise it is beauty in all other aspects.

Back