M2 Block | ?m | 4s | XYC | Riddell Kurczaba

Time to resurrect my west village canal idea :)

Image4b.jpg

As long as Concorde doesn't give us another one of their National locations in that space, I'll be happy.

I think something like National is exactly what East Village needs. East Village has either end of the spectrum covered (Charbar to Tim Hortons). There's nothing to fill the gap in between. Not to mention, the National franchises are popular and are effective in drawing people/creating vibrancy. Whether it's called National or not - that's the type of restaurant/bar/pub the area needs.

Last edited:
I think something like National is exactly what East Village needs. East Village has either end of the spectrum covered (Charbar to Tim Hortons). There's nothing to fill the gap in between. Not to mention, the National franchises are popular and are effective in drawing people/creating vibrancy. Whether it's called National or not - that's the type of restaurant/bar/pub the area needs.

I totally agree, although I would prefer them to put a national in the corner space of the FIRST building or in the corner of evolution. Either way though, I think it would bring in a lot more vibrancy for day and night.

I totally agree, although I would prefer them to put a national in the corner space of the FIRST building or in the corner of evolution. Either way though, I think it would bring in a lot more vibrancy for day and night.

The space in FIRST would be too small - it's a space that could accommodate a coffee shop or small restaurant (in fact Tim Horton's originally wanted to go in there). But you're correct, the SE corner of Evolution is sized right for a restaurant tenant. There's been a few different groups to kick the tires on the possibility, but obviously nothing has materialized yet.

Last edited:
I'd say a National would be best on the Riff - but there isn't really any possibility for that at this stage. M2 could work, but I think it should be slightly more tame than a National. (or maybe that's just due to my experiences at National ?)

The space in FIRST would be too small - it's a space that could accommodate a coffee shop or small restaurant (in fact Tim Horton's originally wanted to go in there). But you're correct, the SE corner of Evolution is sized right for a restaurant tenant. There's been a few different groups to kick the tires on the possibility, but obviously nothing has materialized yet.

Totally fair, that FIRST space is quite small but would be great to see something like in evolution or the riff. I think it would set the tone for other like-minded retailers to follow suite.

Back