M2 Block | ?m | 4s | XYC | Riddell Kurczaba

IMG_4066.JPG
IMG_4067.JPG

It's funny, I was always imagining a Cactus Club there. They always seem to sneak right into the waterfront developments... Vancouver Convention Centre, English Bay, Kelowna Waterfront, and now this (potentially). I'm not a huge fan, you don't really get any bang for your buck with them plus they're more expensive than chains like Earls which are arguably superior in taste and service.

My own personal preference is Cactus club, but Earl’s would be fine too. At the end of the day they attract people and have nice patios.

Some people will complain about having a chain restaurant there, but I don’t care what type of restaurant as there is long as it attracts people and it’s busy .

I find their sexist hiring practices repugnant to say the least, but those "standards" seem to be becoming more and more common. Us gay dudes need something nice to look at too, you know ;) haha

Yeah there was never any hope of an independent restaurant moving into a development like this anyway, unfortunately.

You'll have the benefit of the patio adjacent to the all the runners and cyclists using the river pathway.

I find their sexist hiring practices repugnant to say the least, but those "standards" seem to be becoming more and more common. Us gay dudes need something nice to look at too, you know ;) haha

Yeah there was never any hope of an independent restaurant moving into a development like this anyway, unfortunately.

A Cactus Club is great. I’d personally prefer an Earl’s. Either way it’ll be consistently active. Better than an interesting independent rest which struggles to generate clientele, is shuttered in six months, etc.
Any word on the rest of the retail/rest/office space?

Back