nA_M2_XYC_Design-Development_M2_ShiftedLayers_MirFinal_med_1700wide1.jpg

Attachments

• nA_M2_XYC_Design-Development_M2_ShiftedLayers_MirFinal_med_1700wide1.jpg
    nA_M2_XYC_Design-Development_M2_ShiftedLayers_MirFinal_med_1700wide1.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 908
This is awesome news.

My favorite angle of the rendering

View attachment 140047

Fantastic news. Article says that there is room for two restaurants on the ground floor, then two floors of office space and then a penthouse apartment on the top floor.

Given the current office real market, the news that there will be offices is odd. In my opinion, those two floors would be better suited to commercial space such as a yoga studio, spin studio, gym etc. Would be very marketable space but not really for offices. What do other people think would be a good use?

Last edited:
Fantastic news. Article says that there is room for two restaurants on the ground floor, then two floors of office space and then a penthouse apartment on the top floor.

Given the current office real market, the news that there will be offices is odd. In my opinion, those two floors would be better suited to commercial space such as a yoga studio, spin studio, gym etc. Would be very marketable space but not for offices. Would do other people think would be a good use?

I agree with you for sure. A gym on that second floor would be insanely busy/successful. However, I also feel like a small growing firm would jump at the chance to relocate to this location.

SRC Calgary Member Clubhouse of course.

Given the current office real market, the news that there will be offices is odd. In my opinion, those two floors would be better suited to commercial space such as a yoga studio, spin studio, gym etc. Would be very marketable space but not for offices. Would do other people think would be a good use?

Given the current office real market, the news that there will be offices is odd. In my opinion, those two floors would be better suited to commercial space such as a yoga studio, spin studio, gym etc. Would be very marketable space but not really for offices. What do other people think would be a good use?

I don't see a lot of experience behind this project. I hope for construction to be smooth. My gut tells me it's going to be a bumpy ride.

One thing I can't seem to puzzle through is where the entrance will be to the parkade? To the west that space is meant to be plaza and to the east the building site looks like it goes right up to the Fram parcel. Looking at the renders I can't seem to spot any garage style doors and the David Parker article talks about the two restaurant spaces fronting Confluence Way and then opening out to the Riverwalk so what is left for an access point? How the heck are the cars getting in? I'm stumped.

Speaking of which, we should have a member meet up one of these days.

Totally, it's been forever.

One thing I can't seem to puzzle through is where the entrance will be to the parkade? To the west that space is meant to be plaza and to the east the building site looks like it goes right up to the Fram parcel. Looking at the renders I can't seem to spot any garage style doors and the David Parker article talks about the two restaurant spaces fronting Confluence Way and then opening out to the Riverwalk so what is left for an access point? How the heck are the cars getting in? I'm stumped.

Having examined the renders, there may not be a parking garage. However, if there is, the entrance would likely be in the centre of the south face.

If I recall the plans correctly, there won't be a parkade entrance for this building. They are constructing the basement/parkade, but you can't put a vehicle in there until the adjacent condo parcel is developed, and then this building will access their parkade through that one. The geometry of this parcel makes it impossible to put a ramp down into the underground parkade, and still have room for parking.

If I recall the plans correctly, there won't be a parkade entrance for this building. They are constructing the basement/parkade, but you can't put a vehicle in there until the adjacent condo parcel is developed, and then this building will access their parkade through that one. The geometry of this parcel makes it impossible to put a ramp down into the underground parkade, and still have room for parking.

That makes perfect sense.

Back