Lotus Condominiums | 58m | 18s | Knightsbridge

Surrealplaces

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
More of a placeholder for discussion. No DP submitted yet, but a rendering of the proposal. 195 units in total, so some good density coming with it. Reminds me one of Knightbridge's other projects, N3.

I don't mind the Asian accents on this, it doesn't look too fake or tacky, but rather more of a modern look with a nod to Chinese culture/architecture.

Lotus-condos.jpg

Last edited:
Developer website.

Looks good. I wouldn't mind seeing a second storey on the pdoium, but overall a solid proposal. The interchangeability of uses is interesting. If it gets built, I would be curious to see what the final split is between residential / non-residential.
I highly doubt there will be many purchases of space for commercial use. If you operate your own business and don't want to work from home (why?) it could only mean that you have a client base downtown that you want regular face time with. I am sure with all of the existing empty office space, there are better options than buying into this building. Perhaps buying it as an investment.

This is perfect for the location, and a good fit for Chinatown. Any opposition from the community?

Back