Kensington Mixed Use | 20m | 6s | Stonebriar | McKinley Burkart

Ha - thanks for the laughs guys. The developer is Westrich Pacific...

This would be their first project in Calgary, as far as I can tell. Everything they've done seems to be in Edmonton. They did a number of mid range condos that got pretty mixed reviews, and then stepped up to the 43 story Encore Tower and 32 story Ultima Tower, which seem to be well regarded. They are not flippers, they are taking big stuff into construction.

This would be their first project in Calgary, as far as I can tell. Everything they've done seems to be in Edmonton. They did a number of mid range condos that got pretty mixed reviews, and then stepped up to the 43 story Encore Tower and 32 story Ultima Tower, which seem to be well regarded. They are not flippers, they are taking big stuff into construction.
Hopefully they do well will give them the benefit of the doubt. I just hope they don’t go to bland and corporate/cookie cutter on the design. Especially with retaining the lifesport building I hope they do something interesting

From the community:

The new applicant/developer seeks to renovate and designate the Church to protect it from being demolished. The applicant is currently seeking a Land Use Redesignation and Hillhurst Sunnyside Area Redevelopment Plan amendment to gain approval to support their development vision. Westrich intends to construct a six-storey, multi-residential, wood-frame building on the site; the building massing is broken up with two south-facing courtyards.

Height | 20 metres (6 storeys, or the same height as the newer Bucci Kensington building with the cat cafe)

https://www.engagegladstoneroad.com/

Annotation 2020-08-28 095153.png
Annotation 2020-08-28 095153.png

Annotation 2020-08-28 095154.png

Back