The Kenten | 40m | 9s | Davignon Martin

I am on team let's have a clock tower but only if it's really big and makes people say "Kensington? That's the place with the unusually big clock tower, right? Man why did they ever build that thing, like it's really big...."

If it's just some cheap architecture flourish ... meh?
A clock tower so large and imposing that it makes women and children cower in fear in its presence

The north side along Kensington Rd actually looks kinda 80's to me with the beige and dark brown/gray, but I'll take it. I would have gone with white and dark gray as the colors. It still looks better than the pink. The glass on the south side looks good
There's something about brown colored glass that instantly makes me think of the 80's I agree the street level sort of has this kind of vibe other than that, the design is a huge improvement.

IMG_1644.jpeg

Lol starting at 1 million is a joke. It's a desirable location, but so is Concord Eau Claire, and 10 years later since sales launch/5 years since completion they still haven't sold out.

Lol starting at 1 million is a joke. It's a desirable location, but so is Concord Eau Claire, and 10 years later since sales launch/5 years since completion they still haven't sold out.
Going to be a tough sell. Sure they'll sell some as the location is great for amenity convenience but the general condo owner demographic in the area isn't at that price point and like like to live by like. South side sun and views are countered by traffic noise at a busy intersection, and is a hot spot for wingnut protesters.

As a renovation they'll have to offer a square foot advantage over other new units of similar price.

Could be a lot of purchase to rent out situations though considering the rental market and it's a popular area to choose for renters.

I went to the open house a while back and the developers said that the units would be two or three bedroom condos with high end finishes.

There will be rooftop pickleball courts too.

Back