Votes: 10 22.2%
  • 3 So So

Votes: 19 42.2%
  • 4 Not Good

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • 5 Terrible

Votes: 4 8.9%

• Total voters
It's easy to overlook the flaws of these buildings now when Inglewood is still filled with empty lots. A generation from now, when the street has been filled in, people will think of these buildings as unforgivable mistakes.

I still holdout faint hope that one day when the cheap, tacky siding starts falling off that building at 13 St and 9 Ave, it will be re-clad in something more presentable. Maybe even red brick!

I think most people won't notice the buildings a whole lot. For most people as long as there's easy access to the retail bays they'll be happy. If the siding starts fading badly or falling off then yeah, brick would be nice.

I agree. I never really held the same visceral hate for that building that everyone else did on this forum. My biggest complaint was that there were no balonies and the steps leading up to the CRU's created a weird streetscape.

BTW, I like your username Benjamin.
Does anyone know the rationale behind the steps leading up to retail? I see them part a lot of developments and i'm wondering whether it's a planning department requirement or do developers like having them?

It’s to do with the flood plain level. I believe that part of Inglewood is a little bit lower than the area by Avli.
Does anyone know the rationale behind the steps leading up to retail? I see them part a lot of developments and i'm wondering whether it's a planning department requirement or do developers like having them?

I don't know what the flood plain levels are in Inglewood, but that would make sense being right near the river. Also no developer would ever choose the extra expense of adding steps like that.

IMG_1758.JPG
IMG_1759.JPG

Back