• Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Surrealplaces

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
A 14 floor condo proposal for Calgary's East Village. Development permit has been submitted to the city, and a sales centre has been opened.

21284220898_b43d62f5f4_b.jpg

Attachments

• 21284220898_b43d62f5f4_b.jpg
    21284220898_b43d62f5f4_b.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 1,397
Thanks for bringing all of these to our attention. It's crazy the amount of development that's happening in the East Village. I remember looking at the neighbourhood from the Calgary Tower five years ago and thinking about the potential it all had.

Thanks for bringing all of these to our attention. It's crazy the amount of development that's happening in the East Village. I remember looking at the neighbourhood from the Calgary Tower five years ago and thinking about the potential it all had.
East Village has been pretty crazy indeed. Four towers u/c at the moment with three more just having applied for building permits is pretty crazy. Not to mention the two cultural facilities. It's been a pretty amazing run in a short time.

All the construction in EV has made it look like a war zone, but in the end it will be worth it.

Interesting use of spandrel, I'm curious to see how this will turn out.
One question: What is that little house currently on site? It looks like it's been there, fenced off, for a long time.

Outside of the purple accents I love it. Use a dark brown or charcoal accent and it's a very good design. Even with the purple, it gets a passing grade.

I suspect sales have been slower lately, but they got off to a good start. Despite the downturn Calgary's population is still growing, and thus there will be at least some demand for new residential buildings. I would bet that this will get going, but maybe not for another 6 months or so.

Back