News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Infill Development Discussion

Infill on 19th Street and 22nd Ave NW. All in all I count 7 rowhouses (only 4 above grade) and each unit has a secondary suite in the basement with private entries. In total there will be 14 new residences on two parcels of land. I love seeing these kinds of developments in the inner city. They add really great 'missing middle' type housing while adding significant density.
PXL_20210313_210728736.jpg
PXL_20210313_210806769.jpg

“Brio Bridgeland”?

2019_03_08_01_31_25_brio_bridgeland_rendering_2.jpg

B5E02753-9529-427E-AA55-93782BB2FE21.jpeg

Last edited:
This one has been advertised (signage) for at least a couple of years. Does anyone local know if that equipment is new on site? Or, has it been sitting there this whole time?
I believe the equipment is new. I walked right down that street a couple of weeks ago, and don't recall seeing it.

From what I understand is that the applications on the south side of 24th ave are on land that's restricted by covenants, which some residents have used as to oppose the other developments. Also I believe this was in line with the ARP, whereas others had to ask for slight changes to the ARP.

But in any case once one has been built more will be sure to follow, especially when the city completes the road and sidewalk upgrades along 24th the stretch will be ripe for redevelopment.

From what I understand is that the applications on the south side of 24th ave are on land that's restricted by covenants, which some residents have used as to oppose the other developments. Also I believe this was in line with the ARP, whereas others had to ask for slight changes to the ARP.

But in any case once one has been built more will be sure to follow, especially when the city completes the road and sidewalk upgrades along 24th the stretch will be ripe for redevelopment.
Speaking of 24th. It's kind of weird how their isn't a transit route along it between University DR & 14 ST NW. With the student population and it being a inner city community, that's a part that should have a strong transit connection with the university and foothills hospital considering how direct the road is. Hopefully with density development occurring there, this happens.

Someone at some point mentioned a land use application for 9a street and 1st Av in Bridgeland. I couldn't find it, but this was a proposal for that site we did in the past. It was a design in progress. Anyway.
20-08-17 VIEW 3.jpg
20-08-17 VIEW 2.jpg

Needed a little more development, and refinement. I have the plans somewhere

Back