News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Infill Development Discussion

Proposal for Mount Pleasant at this location 30 suites. It's not going to win a Pritzker, but it is good filler.

Image11.jpg
Image10a.jpg

You guys know how people built those very 1960's and 70's stalinist looking apartments and they thought they looked completely fine at the time but they aged terribly and everyone hates them now?

Yeah well this is the 21st century version of that, 30 years from now this thing will look atrocious.

You guys know how people built those very 1960's and 70's stalinist looking apartments and they thought they looked completely fine at the time but they aged terribly and everyone hates them now?

Yeah well this is the 21st century version of that, 30 years from now this thing will look atrocious.

30 is very generous.

Also random geometric patterns.

Don't get me wrong I embrace ornamentation, but I don't think a grasshopper component that culls indices with random probabilities is a strong enough justification for design decisions, and certainly not one that will stand the test of time.

Back