News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Infill Development Discussion

A couple of New mansions on Crescent Road. Actually don’t mind them. I’m not a fan of that other bigger monstrosity down the street from these but these ones are okay.
EC20DF77-B641-4C16-921E-A5D2880954B6.jpeg
474D73F3-4689-4794-AF66-0FAE7244674D.jpeg

I thought this was that one dude's "disasters of urban development" thread (aka the SSP Calgary Development Discussion Thread)… yikes at all of it.

At the very least, the glass on the left mcmansion is verrry high quality.

I dislike the whole McMansion thing, but these are okay. It's alright to have a few of these kind of houses to look at.
Mansions aren’t really my thing, but every city is going to have fancy places for rich people, it’s the way it is. It’s a good thing if they look nice.

A couple infills going up on the same block in South Calgary. First one is 12 townhomes replacing 2 old bungalows.
Second is 6 townhomes replacing one of the old box style apartment buildings
View attachment 311935View attachment 311936

That first one is Trico -- Brooklyn. They're actually turning out quite well for mid-block. They certainly have the construction process dialed and efficient.

The second building is OSLO from Bella. Coincidentally, that's us and they're pretty damn nice if I do say so myself :) Full walkouts with backyards, 2nd floor deck off the living room and over 350 square feet on the roof.

Last edited:
That first one is Trico -- Brooklyn. They're actually turning out quite well for mid-block. They certainly have the construction process dialed and efficient.

The second building is OSLO from Bella. Coincidentally, that's us and they're pretty damn nice if I do say so myself :) Full walkouts with backyards, 2nd floor deck off the living room and over 350 square feet on the roof.
Love your projects, next up is to redevelop the old house on the corner of 27ave and 16st (its for sale, wink wink nudge nudge) and the two apartment building blocks on 28ave and 15st 😊

Love your projects, next up is to redevelop the old house on the corner of 27ave and 16st (its for sale, wink wink nudge nudge) and the two apartment building blocks on 28ave and 15st 😊
Thank you so much! We appreciate the kind words. We've actually looked at both of the properties you're referencing. :)

Our next project is also in Altadore, but a bit different than our offerings to date. It's the first Passive House multi-family project in Calgary (www.passivehouse.ca).... Coming this fall.

PassiveHouse.JPG

Thank you so much! We appreciate the kind words. We've actually looked at both of the properties you're referencing. :)

Our next project is also in Altadore, but a bit different than our offerings to date. It's the first Passive House multi-family project in Calgary (www.passivehouse.ca).... Coming this fall.

View attachment 322576
Nice, good on you for going Passive House and getting in front of NECB 2020. Interested to see the DP drawings when they are released, always like seeing how different developers/builders approach passive house buildings. I worked on a passive house wood-frame apartment and learnt a lot in the process.

Last edited:

Back