News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Infill Development Discussion

honestly, not in my neighbours back yard. that is horrible. what an eff you to the back yard next door.

You are correct. When you purchase a property, not only do you buy the land and the building, you buy the rights to prevent anyone else from doing anything else near you ever. Plus, you get to dictate the form of growth, and the rate of growth of the City you purchased a property in.

I like this. I think this should be allowed for neighbourhoods with alley ways. Right now those alleyways are a waste of space, but this gets some active use out of them, and also increases some density for the city .
A different kind of infill. A mother in law suite above a back alley garage seen in Inglewood. Thoughts?

View attachment 172901

A different kind of infill. A mother in law suite above a back alley garage seen in Inglewood. Thoughts?

View attachment 172901
Nice windows! I think this will look good with good exterior materials. One thing i think helps laneway suites is adding good landscaping elements to make it sort of feel like a front yard. Lots of examples here in Vancouver to pick from.

Multi family infill on Edmonton Trail

Lots of potential at that intersection. Good transit connectivity and Northmount and 14th both have potential to become better corridors.
A bit up the road, but this got me thinking of how a bit of intensification/redevelopment at 14 ST and Northmount would be pretty nice in lieu of the strip malls there.

Back