Hat @ 14th Street | 94.48m | 28s | Cidex Group | NORR

Surrealplaces

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Thread regarding a new proposal on the south side of 10th ave SW and 14th St.

Hat-14-a.jpg

Hat-14-f.jpg

Hat-14-b.jpg

Hat-14-c.jpg

Hat-14-g.jpg

Hat-14-d.jpg
Hat-14-e.jpg
Hat-14-h.jpg
Hat-14-i.jpg
Hat-14-k.jpg

Last edited:
Sure the area is a bit of a hell hole as it is, but I'd rather new development be concentrated in the downtown core and beltline. Let's focus on building and developing our current areas/districts before we start spreading out to more far flung underdeveloped areas. Quality over quantity.

Sure the area is a bit of a hell hole as it is, but I'd rather new development be concentrated in the downtown core and beltline. Let's focus on building and developing our current areas/districts before we start spreading out to more far flung underdeveloped areas. Quality over quantity.

I personally don't mind getting these developments going. There's not much in terms of retail on the beltline by 11th and 11th which is where most of the residential is clustering. So the proximity of these projects to that area will hopefully help drive further investment to the beltline

Arguably this area is better suited for residential development than the downtown core. It has easy access to a grocery store, LRT station, many restaurants and services. 14 street probably has more potential to become a vibrant 24-7 main street than any street in the downtown core. It's a bit of a car sewer at the moment, but that can be fixed with off-hour street parking, narrower lanes, removing driveways, etc. It already has signalled pedestrian crosswalks at all but one intersection. And the number of existing apartment buildings in the area means that it already has a high volume of pedestrian traffic.

Another Cidex development??? +239 rental units.

East Village, West Village, 7th Ave, Elbow River. Where are they getting the capital to acquire all of this property?
There are some very deep pockets behind this company, one of the bigger reasons they drive me so nuts with their cheapness!

With this, the one across the street to the north, and the Bronconnier proposal to the west, it should breath some life into the area.

What do the colors look like? Same as The Hat EV?
Almost the same colors, but with some charcoal thrown in. Also looks like more glass than EV Hat.

Almost the same colors, but with some charcoal thrown in. Also looks like more glass than EV Hat.
Saw the rendering for this one today. It's not half bad, a lot like the East Village Hat, but nicer. I heard this one might be going fairly soon. Sometime after the first West Village Tower is finished and the second one is close to finishing, but before the 3rd West Village tower.

Saw the rendering for this one today. It's not half bad, a lot like the East Village Hat, but nicer. I heard this one might be going fairly soon. Sometime after the first West Village Tower is finished and the second one is close to finishing, but before the 3rd West Village tower.
Agreed. It's not an architectural marvel, but it's solid. Looks a lot like that Hat@124 proposal in Edmonton
40711-135002a.jpg

Back