Harmony One | 20m | 6s | Gravity Architecture

Marketing to those with cars staying in Calgary and heading to the mountains maybe.
That's what I was thinking. Not great for getting out and walking around, but great if you're planning day trips to Dinosaur Prov park, Drumheller or Banff.

It looks like to me from the website, they are fishing for a major investor so I am surmising that financing is an issue for the property owner. It started out as a 'condo for sale' project and trying to accomplish this through independent real estate agents is not a cohesive strategy. It is no wonder sales were not successful. That and the fact it is a struggle to sell condos anywhere in Calgary other than the suburbs.
I have never heard of building a property with the express purpose of marketing it as AirBnB. All I know is I would not be buying a condo in this building, to live in it, knowing that AirBnB was a component.

Passed by today and looked like a few people were on site.
20211007_100150~2.jpg

The city has been using the lot to store construction equipment and supplies. There's no plan development at this time, and in the background there is a stalled condo project.
I'm pretty sure I heard a gas station was going in there on this website a year or so back. Halifax has pizza corner, we should have gasoline corner I guess.

There is another construction site on the right side of the photo that has been idle for a while. Does anyone know which project, and what the story is?

There is another construction site on the right side of the photo that has been idle for a while. Does anyone know which project, and what the story is?
A project called Vivo. Another tip for searching that comes in handy. If you know the location of a construction site, but don't know the project, you can search via the map. Circled in Red is the filter for proposals, u/c and completed, etc... as well as by office, hotel, residential, etc..

1635704798300.png

Back