News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

General Construction Updates

Awesome, thanks! Looks a bit better than the other CO-OP sites proposed imo (apart from the gas station, although I guess that could be redeveloped in the future if need be)

I'm not a huge fan of the Dalhousie Co-Op proposal, but I mean, it's a significant improvement and considering how early on Calgary is in our movement towards densifying the suburbs, I'll give it a one-thumb-up. The 16 Ave dumpster fire proposal though... sigh.

https://globalnews.ca/news/3985815/new-horizon-mall-nearing-completion-northeast-of-calgary/
New Horizon Mall nearing completion northeast of Calgary

Image9.jpg

Attachments

• Image9.jpg
    Image9.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 427
I hope they plan to utilize some of that space above shops. Seems like a waste when you could have another row of shops on top.

Word has it that a developer recently purchased the Bannerman Block on 4th Street in Mission and has given notice to Flippin' Burgers and the other tenants that they need to vacate by April. Anyone here know if there are redevelopment plans out there for this building or block? Would hate to see another character builder on 4th Street get demolished.A renovation or retrofit would be nice though.

8974195923_5fdd0cf92c_b.jpg

Attachments

• 8974195923_5fdd0cf92c_b.jpg
    8974195923_5fdd0cf92c_b.jpg
    279.5 KB · Views: 563
Yeah, that would suck, as it's a nice little building, the kind that Calgary could use a few more of. Reminds me of the building in Kensington where Hotwax is.

Flippin' Burgers tweeted last week that they were out of there, here's their tweet about it:

"No! This is due to new ownership of the building and other factors. Far too easy to blame others these days."

I seem to recall a project in Mission where they were going to take an older building and add another floor to the top. I didn't mention in it in the article so maybe it was a different building or they changed their mind.

That first pic does a great job showing the amazing growth of EV and I guess Vic Park too. Virtually all of those buildings were absent 10 years ago.

Old news regarding the topping off of Residence Inn, but an interesting paragraph in the article. Looks like Sovereign and One's 12th ave tower have picked Axiom as the GC. Those projects may be the next ones down the pipe.
http://calgaryherald.com/business/real-estate/around-town-thursday-january-25-axiom

Three towers are planned by One Properties to be built by Axiom on Macleod Trail between 12th and 13th avenues S.E. And another Calgary construction job awarded to Axiom is an exciting residential project by Avi Urban at 17th Avenue just to the west of La Chaumiere Restaurant and Rouleauville Square.

Back