56     0 
News   Dec 12, 2018
 41     0 
News   Dec 12, 2018
 48     0 

General Construction Discussion

UrbanWarrior

Member Bio
I think the reusability aspect is pretty cool. Obviously they're not gonna throw all that extra money into its construction if they don't think it will be possible to convert someday. Either way, I think this is a pretty fantastically scaled and designed building to be the termination vista when looking north on 3rd Street SE. Bravo CMLC, another home run for the EV.

maestro

Member Bio
I think the reusability aspect is pretty cool. Obviously they're not gonna throw all that extra money into its construction if they don't think it will be possible to convert someday. Either way, I think this is a pretty fantastically scaled and designed building to be the termination vista when looking north on 3rd Street SE. Bravo CMLC, another home run for the EV.
It's a fantastic design and the innovation centre is a great addition as well. This is more than just a parking garage so the adaptive reuse is making more sense. The residential being proposed really threw me off.

Cowtown

Member Bio
I'd think it could be a great future site for Crossroads Market if the market ever gets kicked out of the current location for redevelopment.
Not a bad idea. I was thinking workshops and such, but a market might be better. If there's not much slope there may not even be any need to change the floor.

JonnyCanuck

Member Bio
The good news is that the Dalhousie proposal was approved. Spokesperson for Calgary Co-op said they want to get started on this early next year. The Mission project will start this year. Have not heard anything more about Winston Heights other than the community seems to be embracing it.

maestro

Member Bio
Not a bad idea. I was thinking workshops and such, but a market might be better. If there's not much slope there may not even be any need to change the floor.
Markets are okay. My preferences smaller scale shops. I love having a neighbourhood butcher, cheese shop, bakery and, fruits & vegetable market close to home. The East Village would be perfect for this. The grocer where you still will be doing the majority of your shopping is easier to walk to than to drive.

UrbanWarrior

Member Bio
I'm not a huge fan of the Dalhousie Co-Op proposal, but I mean, it's a significant improvement and considering how early on Calgary is in our movement towards densifying the suburbs, I'll give it a one-thumb-up. The 16 Ave dumpster fire proposal though... sigh.