Frontier | 30m | 8s | Truman | S2 Architecture

I’m looking forward to this one more than most. The more new developments we get west of 14th the more likely 14th itself gets some traction and west Kensington Road will get more retail traffic with people heading home west on foot.

I no longer live over there though so I’m not sure what the draw is.

906ED3E8-E1EC-4716-A4BE-F54B6F9E9D7B.jpeg

I live just around the corner from the Frontier site and I'm new to the forum, so will try to take some pics on a regular basis. From my read of the approval / project docs, this one is slated to include a "supermarket" in the base of the building, which will be great for the neighbourhood and be very good for foot-traffic I'm sure. It will certainly raise the walk-score for the area! I remember a rumour from a few months ago in the neighbourhood that it might be a Whole Foods - but that may just be wishful thinking from a bougie neighbourhood. LOL.

Does anybody here know the planned timeline for construction? It looks like they've maybe reached the final depth in certain places when it comes to digging down, so once they even that out, I'd imagine they'll start going up. But I don't have any sense of when they hope to be completed...

- Jallan71

Truman actually has a "construction updates" section on their website, however it appears the Frontier project is a little out of date:
They should just ask permission to use the photos here. They’d be up to date.

I live just around the corner from the Frontier site and I'm new to the forum, so will try to take some pics on a regular basis. From my read of the approval / project docs, this one is slated to include a "supermarket" in the base of the building, which will be great for the neighbourhood and be very good for foot-traffic I'm sure. It will certainly raise the walk-score for the area! I remember a rumour from a few months ago in the neighbourhood that it might be a Whole Foods - but that may just be wishful thinking from a bougie neighbourhood. LOL.

Does anybody here know the planned timeline for construction? It looks like they've maybe reached the final depth in certain places when it comes to digging down, so once they even that out, I'd imagine they'll start going up. But I don't have any sense of when they hope to be completed...

- Jallan71
I could envision Sunterra moving from their Crowchild/Kensington location to here so they have a proper footprint for a grocery story. Gets them closer to the centre of the Kensington area as a whole.

Back