News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

Calgary Flames Official Thread

Like the broadcast team, they didn't really show up yesterday. Tough one as it was a back to back, although the 'Canes also had a back to back but they didn't get the punch in the face that the Panthers gave the Flames.

Biggest difference is one you would expect after all the trades the D look pretty poorly slotted, everyone is playing at least one rung up the ladder than they should. Good team expose your mistakes, that's what happened over the weekend.

I'm hoping the Wranglers can get back on track, I'd like to see them make a run the playoffs.

Wranglers are going to be in tough as the Flames are going to be making a ton of call-ups to try and gauge players before the end of the year.

TSN or Sportsnet were saying the Flames pick goes to Montreal if they finish below 20th, but I thought it was top 10 protected.

I was hoping they would at least stay competitive, getting outscored 18-5 in three games is brutal to watch. Guess I need to find something else to watch for the next 7 months lol.

IDK if the wheels will fall off, they play against a lot of terrible teams after this tough stretch

canes and panthers are elite teams

still wont make the playoffs
The problem is they seem to have a tough time against easy teams.
Either way, I suppose it doesn’t matter as we can all agree they aren’t making the playoffs.
It’s not even a situation of wait till next year, it’s wait until five years from now.

How long it'll be depends on Wolf I think. Usually the biggest part of consistent success is the goaltender. That's the biggest reason we've struggled to be in playoff contention for the last 30 years (outside of the seasons when Kiprusoff was at his prime)

They keep losing and it only benefits for the future, although it would be a tough way to go into the offseason they need to start resting any veterans with nagging injuries and get them any surgery they need (Vladar). Otherwise last night's loss meant they fell to 23rd in the league standings. Realistically they can fall as low as 25th, which you might not think is much but it could be the difference between drafting a great player and drafting a good player.
1711376817226.png

Attachments

• 1711376796709.png
    1711376796709.png
    195.5 KB · Views: 1

Back