First Canadian Centre East Tower | ?m | 28s | GWL | NORR

Alright, so while seeing Operator digging up of really old threads, I wondered what the oldest unanswered thread here is. This appears to be it...
Please don't hate me for digging this up but what is this? I'd be interested in hearing background information since I've never heard about this before... The skyrise database says it's in pre-construction but I doubt that.

This is what it was. The most recent iteration at least. It was proposed the same week as 707 Fifth. It won't be happening.

14008-98884.jpg

14008-98881.jpg

Anyone else recall, I have faint memory of there being a preliminary design just before this one that the facade resembled a bunch of glass shards? The first design of EAP (Penny Lane Towers) too was a green glass that looked like shards. Wish I could find the renders.

I'm glad they didn't build the towers, we have enough empty space around as it is. I wish the owners could work something out with the city and make it into a decent public space, or put some retail kiosk or something there.

Or a residential building. Perfect space for a residential floorplate, parking already built, across street from major mall, along LRT line, and a ten minute walk from a brand new grocery store. It aligns perfectly with the city's vision for downtown.

Last edited:
Why can't we do both? Or is it too farfetched to hope that we can get two adjacent residential towers in the CBD of this city? ? But yes, regardless, that shithole plaza needs some love.

Two storey retail plaza with a dozen or so residential floors on top would be cool, and then something similar across the street at the Brookfield lot, would totally turn that area into a downtown hotspot.

Back