Farm | 11m | 2s | MoDA

I think there is kind of an emerging strip further east on 17th as well - the condo building with Cassis and a nice liquor store, Melodyia records/Phoenix comics, Newcastle pub, and some coffee and restaurant options. Basically 24-29 St. It's got a long way to go, but I think it has potential because the whole thing is already zoned for apartments, and it's walking distance to Shaganappi Point station. The corner of 17th and 26th in particular feels "cozy" with buildings right at the sidewalk.

Last edited:
I suppose I have to agree with you guys about agglomeration economies & clusters, just based on anecdotal observations about coffee shops in the neighborhood. New coffee shops continue to open, survive, and thrive, even if they generally serve/target the same/similar clientele/demographic. It looks like another coffee shop (Aroma) will be opening in the neighborhood in the corner of Harrison.

I’m not complaining about Bussin’ specifically, as it looks like it might have good burgers (I’ve never been), and I’m not personally a fan of Boogies’ burgers (although I appreciate the nostalgia), but I do prefer a continuation of the evolution of the food scene in the neighborhood to something more varied/diverse. The neighborhood’s food options have improved quite a bit in the last couple years.

I think there is a ramen place opening in the alley of Courtyard 33, so that’ll be a nice addition as well.

I think there is kind of an emerging strip further east on 17th as well - the condo building with Cassis and a nice liquor store, Melodyia records/Phoenix comics, Newcastle pub, and some coffee and restaurant options. Basically 24-29 St. It's got a long way to go, but I think it has potential because the whole thing is already zoned for apartments, and it's walking distance to Shaganappi Point station. The corner of 17th and 26th in particular feels "cozy" with buildings right at the sidewalk.
Lots of potential for that stretch of 17th. Would be nice to see a few larger, multi family projects get built in that area to help support the retail.

Back