BLVD Beltline | 118.87m | 37s | ONE Properties | Arquitectonica

First slab has been poured, along with the north tower elevator core, the pit has been dug for the south tower elevator core.
20190413_124809.jpg

I would think another crane, bordering 13 Ave, for the other tower might be coming. The current crane is serviced from 12 Ave. My first thought, it was a dumb idea to shut down another lane on the busy 12 Ave when the lightly used 13 Ave makes much more sense. If a second crane is coming, then that would explain things.

I would think another crane, bordering 13 Ave, for the other tower might be coming. The current crane is serviced from 12 Ave. My first thought, it was a dumb idea to shut down another lane on the busy 12 Ave when the lightly used 13 Ave makes much more sense. If a second crane is coming, then that would explain things.

Can confirm second crane. Should be going in next week. Slab starting next week too!

Man .. that whole block has become a schmozzle in the mornings. 12 Ave SE loses two lanes ... one to bikes and one to the construction site. Vehicles including cement and dump trucks turning east onto 12 Ave. Pedestrians going to work downtown, crossing at intersections. Bikes coming in two directions on a one way street. You really need to be careful if you are driving. I suspect that it is going to be like that for the next two years. ?

Almost like we live in a major city or something. Woah! :eek:

???

Man .. that whole block has become a schmozzle in the mornings. 12 Ave SE loses two lanes ... one to bikes and one to the construction site. Vehicles including cement and dump trucks turning east onto 12 Ave. Pedestrians going to work downtown, crossing at intersections. Bikes coming in two directions on a one way street. You really need to be careful if you are driving. I suspect that it is going to be like that for the next two years. ?

Consequence of city building. I suggest taking an alternate route.

Suggested phrasing: 12th Ave doesn't "lose" a lane to bikes, it has a lane for bikes.

Suggested phrasing: 12th Ave doesn't "lose" a lane to bikes, it has a lane for bikes.
The inference was that vehicles have already 'lost' a lane of traffic to bikes. The construction on Curtis Block has reduced traffic to one through lane for cars between 1st SE and Macleod Trail. This was a congested block made more so now. If you are going eastbound from the Beltline, past Macleod Trail in the morning, there is no alternate route.

Last edited:
The inference was that vehicles have already 'lost' a lane of traffic to bikes. The construction on Curtis Block has reduced traffic to one through lane for cars between 1st SE and Macleod Trail. This was a congested block made more so now. If you are going eastbound from the Beltline, past Macleod Trail in the morning, there is no alternate route.
I have been using 15th instead. Works for neighbourhood traffic. Really annoying on 12th as there is room on the road there, just the way the lines are drawn doesn't support using them well with the loss of the lane.

Back