BLVD Beltline | 118.87m | 37s | ONE Properties | Arquitectonica

I like it. I usually don't like multi tower projects, but something about this one that appeals to me. It's nice to see a podium that's more than 2 storeys tall.

I agree. I think this one looks really clean and classy. Not overstated or garish at all like many of our projects have fallen victim to.

True. My comparison about Mississauga and Burnaby is more about three tall towers looking the same.

Also to be fair the podium is more urban minded than a Mississauga or Burnaby type project.

My comparison to Mississauga is the mundane look to it all. There are three near identical towers placed in each corner of a podium that covers the entire site with repetitive storefronts. I don't get the excitement over this one.

Three reasons for the excitement, although I don’t think anyone is overly excited about it, but generally like it.
1) Height, one if the towers being 5o floors.
2)Almost 1000 units to an area that could use more businesses and people.
3) Retail frontage on 1st Street SE.

Between this project and the proposal for the former Elbow River Inn site, the area around Victoria Park station would gain several thousand residents.

It definitely has a reserved design, but I think it's decent enough. The added density, along with a grocery store and retail component could be really big for the area. I was at the Flames game on Saturday and we were lamenting the lack things to do in the area.

I nearly broke out laughing at my desk at the render though. Stampede park has apparently been re-purposed into an arboretum and MacLeod has been converted into a quiet side street with as much room for cyclists as for cars, but I suppose that wouldn't really matter since a couple dozen blocks from the East end of downtown appear to have been transported near Morley. Most people probably live in that really tall semi-disembodied tower to the North anyway and no longer need to commute in from the burbs.

At least everyone has a really nice view of the spot where the Rockies exactly mirror themselves. Always a hot tourist destination.

Latest renderings for this project. Looks like the DP submitted is for two of the three towers, and includes a grocery store. 628 units. 958 units between all three towers.

This may have some life. The Vietnamese restaurant on the NE corner of the lot has just closed. The Arby's on the NW corner has been closed for some time. I suspect the tenants in the office building in the center have been given their notice.
I am curious about the planned grocery store. There is a big space in the first Alura building, one block to the south, that was designated for a grocery store. It still sits empty after 7 years.

]

I wonder if the grocer in Alura never opened due to the Shoppers' being next door? Speaking of which, I've stopped into that Shoppers' a couple of times recently and I was surprised at how busy it was.

Yes I have been in that Shoppers several times and it is busy. I don't know how much food business they do as you also have a Sunterra right across from where One Properties is building. I know Sunterra is a specialty grocer and a bit pricey but they do big business out of that location.

Hi Group,
This Project Looks to B Interesting. If it Gets Blt Lets Hope it Adds to the to the East Belt/Victoria Park Redevelopement Plans for the Areas. Give it what - Say 5 Years
from Approval/Design/build Out to Completion and It won't B the Same Neighbourhood We are used to Seeing on the Mac.
Tnx,
Operater.

I'm quite looking forward to this. It will fill in the hole in the skyline from my vantage point at the Air Canada lounge in the airport :) Hope it goes up soon, starting with the 50 story one!

Hi Group,
Shovel Ready? Sounds Like It. B Happy to get a few and We can all start Digging, Enjoy.
Tnx
Operater.

Back